Panoramic vistas to marvel at on your morning commute. Three hundred days of sunshine. The largest public parks system of any U.S. city. World-class theatre, museums, and sports teams. And a cost of living that’s easier on your wallet than living in California or East Coast cities.
Metro Denver’s mild climate and wealth of recreational activities make this the perfect environment for energetic bodies. Its educational and cultural opportunities make it the ideal home for energetic minds.
Here are some Quick Denver Facts
- There are more than 35 ski areas and 15 million acres of national parks to be enjoyed by the front range community
- Denver International Airport (DIA) is currently the 7th busiest airport in the country and the 10th busiest airport in the world.
- The Rocky Mountains are a short drive away from Denver and provide a great number of opportunities for camping, skiing and hiking.
- Denver's recreational facilities include more than 100 parks, two water parks, a dozen museums, US Mint, Denver Botanical Gardens, two amusement parks, Denver Zoo, and a large performing arts complex.
- The average age of Denver residents is 34 years compared to the national average of 38 years.
- "Colorado" comes from a Spanish word meaning the color red!
- Professional teams include the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Avalanche, the Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Rockies.
- 26.5% of Denver's population has a 4-year college degree.